St. Michael Catholic School is a parochial school established in 1954 and affiliated with the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. Located in the Galleria area of Houston, St. Michael Catholic School serves approximately 450 co-ed students in grades PK(4) through 8.
St. Michael Catholic School, as an extension of our families, integrates faith and knowledge in the tradition of Catholic education. We educate the whole person, promoting the growth and development of mind, body and spirit. Our school recognizes the dignity of every person as a unique and valued gift from God.
The graduates of St. Michael Catholic School are accomplished and talented young men and women. They are accepted into the premiere competitive private and public schools of their choice including Strake Jesuit College Preparatory, St. Thomas High School, St. Agnes Academy, Duchesne Academy, Incarnate Word Academy, St. Pius X High School, Episcopal High School, The Kinkaid School, St. John’s School, Second Baptist, Lamar High School IB program and
The High School for the Performing and Visual Arts.
Among our offerings:
- Religious education and sacramental preparation at every grade level.
- State of the art technology including interactive whiteboards and computers in every classroom,two fully equipped computer labs and a mobile computer lab that houses 30 MacBook laptops.
- Comprehensive writing program featuring the acclaimed Writers in the Schools Program.
- Effective Spanish foreign language program using Rosetta Stone software that utilizes listening, pronunciation and conversational components to engage and develop language skills.
- Challenging and interactive science curriculum enhanced by TAKScopes software for grades Kindergarten - 5th. Developed at Rice University, TAKScopes incorporates and promotes a hands-on learning approach to elementary science.
- Honors Math and Science courses available at the 7th and 8th grade level for qualified students.
- Creative, wide-ranging Middle School elective program including Speech and Improvisation Team, Prep Bowl, Choir, Yearbook, Flight and Rocketry, Literary Magazine, Operation Conservation, Creative Art and Spanish Culture.
- Integrated curriculum study skills program on the 4th - 8th grade levels.
- Service and leadership opportunities on a school-wide basis including National Junior Honor Society and Beta Club for Middle School.
- Middle School participation in academic rallies such as Prep Bowl, Math Minds, Spelling Bee, Speech Contests, Science Fairs and The Stock Market Game.
- Creative fine arts and music courses with three full time teachers dedicated to this department.
- Qualified teachers with experience ranging from two to 35 years.